From Star Trek Online Geekipedia
Hi, please could you delete the character page I created on this site; http://www.stogeek.com/wiki/Aron_Collingham. Thanks.
Hey, first I'd like to thank you and the admins and everyone else involved in the maintenance and extensive collaboration effort here. Everyone's doing a great job, and it's coming together very nicely. Second, I'd like to request that you delete the character page http://www.stogeek.com/wiki/Tholos that I had created. It would be greatly appreciated. Again, thanks to everyone involved and I hope to see this site continuing to grow at this rate!
Front Page Discussion
Hi JadeEnigma, first off allow me to apologize if I have posted this to the wrong section. I am wondering is main page discussion page supposed to link to Delia Grant or is this some kind of error?
And on a more casual note, I want to say thanks for providing this great resource. I'v spent hours sitting here staring at a screen wondering what to write next, but I still think those hours are well spent as something came out of them in the end. Thanks - User:Mogarin
- No, it most certainly is not, and I hadn;t noticed! Thanks for pointing that out. And thank you for the kind words. I hope you enjoy yourself here! --JadeEnigma 13:16, 8 December 2009 (UTC)
- Always happy to help, how odd is that though! Hopefully no one noticed. I most certainly am enjoying myself here. (Though as you can probably see I am still mastering the talk function) I just finished my Character Bio a few hours ago, I started a few months ago mind you, anyway as I said great resource. Mogarin 13:48, 8 December 2009 (UTC)
My First Talk!
Just a test :-)
Messages From Cuddles
Thank you for the welcome! --Cuddles 07:00, 5 September 2008 (UTC)
If you are living in Melbourne then you should be in the ANZAC Fleet! Canadian ex pat or not :P We aren't choosy, its just a time zone thing. Anyhow, am loving this site, and have an almost free weekend to cause all sorts of havoc on it :D. --Cuddles 12:20, 5 September 2008 (UTC)
- Unfortuantely I'm avoiding joinging any fleet right now - hard to maintain relative objectivity when administering a site like this otherwise! But when STO is released...who knows? :-) -- JadeEnigma 01:19, 6 September 2008 (UTC)
Was only trying to make a few format and grammatical fixes anyways. Looking at all the class changes however, that is a bit more daunting than I want to think about.
Reason I cleared page:
Well I only made it to play around with (also hope i'm talking right and don't end up blowing something up) I didn't think any one would care, defintelly didn't expect an email about it :O lol
- Gral - new one :)
- Done! -- JadeEnigma 04:24, 23 September 2008 (UTC)
- I've just put up 3 of my pages for deletion, if you would be so kind. :) (I just want to stick with building Sel, incorporating game info as it comes out.) -- Duckdee 11:35, 8 January 2009 (UTC)
Main Page Banner Template
Take a look in Edit mode of Template:Main Page banner.
It allows you to quickly add a notice (similar to MediaWiki:Sitenotice but different in the fact you cannot dismiss it) to the main page that everyone can see.
I plan to use it very soon to announce some polls (or rather questionnaires, but what ever.) I've made to see exactly what kind of community I'm entering ( :P ) and to get a feel as to what I should start working on (!!!).
By the way, does the Geekipedia have the <addHTML> extension? If not, that's fine, I can just add [http://www.domain.com/ external URL links].
- No, I havn't added that extension. I wanted to limit the use of HTML. I have looked at the code for the page, so I kind knew what it did, was just wondering why you'd added it.
- Instead of the ascii text icons, maybe some of the smaller star trek icons like is used on the main page for the bullet points, or even in Template:Featured?
- --JadeEnigma 14:18, 12 October 2008 (UTC)
Hi, I was just wondering how to create a subcategory in "Fleets".
- What Ctegory name did you want? It's easier for me to do than to explain!
- --JadeEnigma 23:56, 20 October 2008 (UTC)
- Nevermind, I figured out what you wanted and did it for you. :-) Thanks SO much for contributing!
- --JadeEnigma 00:18, 21 October 2008 (UTC)
Hello friend, I hope all this going well for you. I noticed that a user on here "MacC" vandalized the Second Fleet page as well as the Lone Star Fleet page. I reverted both pages back to their previous state. Can you see that proper action is taken against this user?
- -- Edward Stark (Edwardthunderstark 16:55, 20 October 2008 (UTC))
- Oh gosh, I'll take a look at that, thank you!
- --JadeEnigma 23:54, 20 October 2008 (UTC)
Vulcan Culture Institute
Hi Jade, I added a few pages from the VLI to STOgeek. If I goofed in any way let me know. I realized after the fact that it might have been more appropriate if I added the word "Lexicon" to some of the page titles. Besides that, I hope I didn't mess up too much.
- Philosophy and Teachings of Surak
- Vulcan Disciplines and Religions
- Vulcan Leisure Time Activities
- Vulcan Food and Dishes
- Vulcan Profession and Trades
--Stark (Edwardthunderstark 01:11, 10 November 2008 (UTC))
- I may have added or edited them a bit diferently, and as you mentioned retitled some to suit the formatting established thus far, but they look pretty good. I can go over them later to make minor edits to fit them into the greater scheme of what I had in mind, but the lion's sahre of the work is the reformatting and I am grateful for the work you've done! Thank you very much! -- Jade Conway 02:19, 10 November 2008 (UTC)
Humblest apologies, but I think I may have messed up soomething whilst trying to get a Main Article link on a page. Plzdontbanmekthxbai! Duckdee 13:36, 14 November 2008 (UTC)
- S'okay, done it. :) Duckdee 14:05, 14 November 2008 (UTC)
- Frightened me there for a moment. :-) The template looks fine, no site-breaking involved, but then there hardly ever is with wikis. Good job! -- JadeEnigma 05:35, 15 November 2008 (UTC)
I've been making a few new characters lately as part of a ship's crew roster and have fallen into using a standard template for each. Since I noticed that some other people have had problems getting started with their own characters I've written up the template so that others can make use of it in their own posts - -Character Template. Could you mention this on the front page so that newcomers can easily find it? - HarlotCharlotte 14:04, 30 November 2008 (UTC)
- That's pretty good! I'll see if I can update the geekipedia news with these in the next couple of days. THanks! -- JadeEnigma 20:59, 30 November 2008 (UTC)
- Me likey forms to work with! :) I had been waiting to see what can be done in-game before developing my characters too much, but I will make use of this. (Providing I stop procrastinating.) Duckdee 12:42, 4 December 2008 (UTC)
Im trying to get the character template and infobox working on my rp wiki page but I am such a noob! Can you tell me what I am doing wrong please? These are the two pages i made: http://sl-repo.wikidot.com/template:character http://sl-repo.wikidot.com/template:Character_Infobox I am probably thinking to easy for it to work... hehe Any tips are greatly appreciated, thank you! --Banach 11:34, 15 December 2008 (UTC)
- Ah well, if you keep reaching for your phaser everytime you look at me I'm gonna get a complex!
- The character template should work fine (without the infobox), since it's just a basic page layout guide without any fancy back-end coding. The charater infobox on the other hand requires that some software extentions be installed to the wiki itself and that some pre-designed style sheet segments be available as well. I'm not even going to attempt to make suggestions on getting that working on another wiki, I'm afraid.
- The thing is, the geekipedia is built from the ground up, so I can add features and extentions to support these kind of things easily, but I don't believe wikidot.com uses the same basic wiki software (Mediawiki - the same one wikipedia.org uses) so I don't think it would work no matter what. Sorry! Fot the template, just remove the infobox section and the other areas should work fine.
- --JadeEnigma 13:19, 15 December 2008 (UTC)
- A vulcan with a complex? Interesting...
- I already feared extensions were responsible for the infobox to display. But I can use the rest of the template so is all good ^^ thanks for clearing it up for me!
- --Banach 13:26, 15 December 2008 (UTC)
- I do wish I could've offered more constructive aid. It is a shame that the infobox could not be used on your onw wiki, but maybe that site has some methods that we don't that may yet allow something similiar... --JadeEnigma 07:44, 16 December 2008 (UTC)
- There are more codes that differ from other wiki's. I tried copying the source of an article of the general Wikipedia but I had to adapt it all cos it wasnt working with the layout codes. Its not letting me use HTML either, which stinks cos the layout background is messed up and i cant seem to set it manually on the code of each page... But if the group becomes a success ill be looking for a better webhome anyhow... --Banach 10:25, 17 December 2008 (UTC)
- That's great! Thank you very much! Besides photoshop, what other programs did you use? -- JadeEnigma 21:18, 3 December 2008 (UTC)
- I did it solely on photoshop (adobe CS2) using the screenshots given from the STO site. I know it's far from perfect, but I'm glad that you like it. :) -- Edwardthunderstark 02:19, 4 December 2008 (UTC)
- First i would like to apologize for my response to jezebel's comments on my page. I realize that I may have been out of line for what i had said. At the time I had been working on this article ( USS Courageous NCC-2942 ) for three days, gathering Information and pics(stuff you wont find on any wiki site, no copy and paste job!) When I read what she was suggesting, and then followed through with it, I realized yet another one of my pages would be inadequate. I took her comments a little to personal and may have flipped out a little in my response. I don't want this behavior to be associated with me. I am sending a formal apology to jezebel as well.
- It is not my place to apologize for my brothers actions, but i feel i must. he wrote his responses without my knowledge and informed me afterward. He took the hurt a little worse than i did. he was very upset and called me screaming. This is not Behavior suiting of an Oliphant and I do apologize.
-MOMARINE 04:57, 4 December 2008 (UTC)
- S'okay :-) No harm, no foul, so long as you see that there was no ill wil meant towards you! -- JadeEnigma 21:00, 4 December 2008 (UTC)
Seen the Main Page lately?
Just a special banner I whipped up real quick at the top of the page... you'll notice the red and green, I'm sure.
Have a Merry Christmas (or whichever winter holiday that you celebrate and/or acknowledge) and a fantastic New Year!
- Yes, I saw that! Nice thought! --JadeEnigma 04:03, 25 December 2008 (UTC)
Help me Obi-wan Enigma, you're my only hope
I need a totally rockin' charpic! I don't know where to find one or what to do with it when I have it, so that's your job, because yer the only person who's spoken to me so far and...cuz...um...I'll like you more. C'mooooon. You know you want to. --CrisNavarro How about that signature eh? Eh? Love it!
Just in case my pitiful attempt at humor is taken too seriously(hey it happens) let me clarify that was indeed a pitiful attempt at humor. Seriously though, you seem to be the big kahuna here. So any idea where I can get good charpics, and what do I do with 'em when I got 'em? And long as i'm asking questions, how many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop? --CrisNavarro
Kind of a moot point as i'm pretty sure nobody even read this yet, but I figured it out on my own. Cuz I rock that hard. --CrisNavarro 21:52, 30 December 2008 (UTC)
- I read everything on my talk page, Chris. I cannot log in without the big fat message telling me something's been put there :-) --JadeEnigma 07:32, 31 December 2008 (UTC)
Klingon House Template
Taking inspiration from HarlotCharlotte's Character and Ship Templates, CrisNavarro has made a template for people looking to start their own Klingon House. Could we get this mentioned on the main page as hopefully it might prompt people to balance out the site a little?
- Jezebel1669 01:05, 31 December 2008 (UTC)
- Sure, that's easy enough. It's good work, I'm impressed!--JadeEnigma 07:31, 31 December 2008 (UTC)
9th Fleet pageHi there, the following message was left on my talk page and I'd like your opinion of it:
Jezebel1669 I have been sent to ask you to stop moving the page "9th Fleet" from its spot in out category under "9" to the spot you have been moving it to under "N". The reason behind this is we have never been know as the Ninth Fleet only 9th Fleet, And also not to long ago a fleet was calling them self's the Ninth Fleet. And at last it is not naval at all to put a fleet under the letter its number it starts with. --9thGibbs 04:53, 5 January 2009 (UTC)
I've been ordering categories using a strict alphabetical order, so that pages with numbers as the initial letter would be sorted as though they where written out in full and those with symbols have those symbols ignored. 9th Fleet are requesting this convention be waved in their case as they want to be easily differentiated from another fleet known as Ninth Fleet.
What's your opinion?
- Jezebel1669 17:30, 5 January 2009 (UTC)
I did ask
On the 8th, but maybe I shouldn't have snuck it under an old deletion request. :) -- Duckdee 15:38, 12 January 2009 (UTC)
- Ooops, I must've forgotten. *blush* Sorry! --JadeEnigma 15:39, 12 January 2009 (UTC)
what had happened
well, what had happened wasi tried to create the page SECOND FLEET TRAINING & RECRUITMENT DIVISION it changes tha name to secondfleet training. all after the "&" will not show up. and every time i go to edit it, it ays there is no text on the page. it only worked after i changed the "&" to an "and". i did not know the other pages saved. so if you will delete the one still standing, it dosen't work. i will be creating s new one. (you deleted the only one that was working. thank you.
- oops :-) I think in order to use the ampersand you need to use a special code, but I'm not sure what it is. --JadeEnigma 04:45, 13 February 2009 (UTC)
-- thank you for your prompt and courtious reply in this matter. MOMARINE 18:58, 13 February 2009 (UTC)
Missed my Featured Article...Twice! lol
Hello JadeEnigma, Just to say my article on the USS Courageous has still to be featured and it has been passed twice, just a heads up on my 7 month wait lol ;) --StarfleetOfficer 21:44, 07 August 2009 (UTC)
Oh crap. Sorry. I just keep getting into trouble with those featured articles! --JadeEnigma 21:55, 7 August 2009 (UTC)
No worries and since I like Vulcans, I'll forgive you ;) --StarfleetOfficer 12:13, 10 August 2009 (UTC)
A collaboration idea...
- I was hoping there was a way, either through email or voice chat, that we could get together and discuss something concerning this site and further promoting it to the many people who are Star Trek fans and who intend on playing STO.
- My email is easy enough - email@example.com. Tell me what you had in mind. --JadeEnigma 04:18, 26 August 2009 (UTC)
User Pages: :( I guess I just fail to see why a character needs to be on the Userpage at all. My user page is about me Dash Vazuras, My ship, how to get in contact with me. I just fail to see the reason. Whats the point of a character page when we could all just have it as a user page. Me as the user should be what pages I have created what ships I have created...who have I interacted with the site. Want to create new rule for User pages. User:Vazuras
- I understand and I agree, it's just that even though it's not a good idea, it's not against the rules. Putting a personal note meant to start a communication is however, since those are meant for the discussion pages. I am going to look into writing a guideline for people to know the difference between user and char pages though. --JadeEnigma 22:03, 14 November 2009 (UTC)
- Ashe is actually the person who shares with me the costs of running this site. He is less active now, yes, but will become very active once STO has been released as his area of interest is in the more technical in-game specific areas, while I lean towards the creative.
I do appreciate your desire to become more active in the administration of the site, and I will take full advantage of that - trust me, I will. To become a bureaucrat, however, will require a great deal more time and trust. --JadeEnigma 08:40, 2 December 2009 (UTC)
- I know it will take time. Just letting you know I am avaliable. Thanks Jade, "Admin Vazuras 22:28, 4 December 2009 (UTC)"
- Updated Star Trek Online Geekipedia:Nominations for administratorship I put in a few new notes that I would like to help out on. (Admin Vazuras 00:01, 26 January 2010 (UTC))
Would that be a useful sub-cat? I think it would be useful for people like myself, who don't know the peripheral races too well, to avoid copying someones creation accidently. Duckdee 10:57, 8 November 2009 (UTC)
Wanted to say thank you to you aswell... cookieimp/Macgirl_Lauren/jaiden stark, sent me here from the forums of STO. I am really enjoying this.
Hi sorry I have not worked on many of my character pages as I have been very busy. I shall hopefully spend this weekend to work on character pages such as T'Lana.
Hello, I was wondering whether stogeek works with any other sites for sponsorship or so. Could you please drop me an email? I'm hoping to discuss some ways to work together with you.
We don't, actually, and have no plans to do so. But if you can give more details, I would be willing to consider it. And please, sign your posts and only post something like this on a discussion page and not by editing someone's user page. --JadeEnigma 09:12, 25 January 2010 (UTC)
NO! I DON'T LIKE IT!
Jade I don't like the look of adding @Jadeemigma at the page. When you get a chance read the Admin Notice Board. Thanks (Admin Vazuras 03:18, 5 February 2010 (UTC))
Hey there, glad you like it! It's actually not mine, I copied it from Coreth's user page. I also mostly copied the way he laid out his character page. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right? ~Felderburg
What page did I try to delete? I honestly don't remember trying to take anything down, I generally as a rule don't mess with other ppl's pages. ~Tak'ta
My first 'talk' and a few ideas.
Been using many different wiki's for inspiration for My character and ship bios. They gave Me some ideas for improvements here. For example: 1. On Memory Alpha, they have on the people pages, their infoboxes have the option of two images and two captions, top and/or bottom. I think this would great for characters like mine, which is a character who is temporally displaced. It would be useful for showing how they looked in their time, and then how they look now.
2. Again, on Memory Alpha, when your looking at a page with an image, if you click the image it opens it in window inside the same page, rather than going to another page. I think this is a small touch, but also a more convenient one.
Thats all I can think of at the moment. I hope I did this right.
- I almost understood that, but didn't. Also please sign. Thanks (Admin Vazuras 06:26, 31 August 2010 (UTC))
- Sorry I dont know How to sign. I wish I knew some easier way of explaining this, because I think it would be a nice improvement. --Capt Raven 15:57, 31 August 2010 (UTC)
- Ok, go here  , now see how the 'character Infobox' has two pictures, and captions for them, top and bottom? Something like that. Also, click on a picture of Kirk, notice how it displays it? Those are the small touch I am talking about that I think would be nice to have here.--Capt Raven 20:32, 31 August 2010 (UTC)
- Adding a second picture to the bottom of the infobox for characters would be relatively easy. I cannot, however, see an easy way to make these images appear in their own window alone without flash. I'll look at it. --JadeEnigma 20:34, 31 August 2010 (UTC)
- That would be awesome, though, maybe consider adding the options for ships and the like too, just incase people change the look of their ship. And, good luck with the window thing. Hope it works. thanks. :-) --Capt Raven 00:07, 1 September 2010 (UTC)
the logic of surak
follow the logic follow the spirit of the universe because the universe follows the logic of all the creatures living there
Interested in purchasing site, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Vulcan Language Reclamation Project
It appears that you haven't updated the Vulcan Language Reclamation Project pages in almost 4 years. I am a Conlanger, interested in picking up the work that you started.
Looking over several of the lessons you started, it looks very Indo-European -- which is pretty different from the beginning lessons that were copied from the old VLI pages. I would like to take this language further, but I would like your permission first, before I change the pages you started.Could we discuss this? Patrick Niedzielski 18:15, 1 June 2012 (UTC)